With so many amazing stories and pictures already circulating, I absolutely couldn’t wait to experience Toy Story Land! While my kids were also excited, I was clearly the most excited member of my family. I spent hours looking at other blogs and seeing what people wrote. One commonality among everything I read was you aren’t going to experience this without a long wait.
I was lucky enough to score a Slinky Dog Dash fastpass for our family at the 60 day mark. The most important thing you can do is to book your fast passes at 7 am when the fast passes open at your 60 day mark. Seriously, it could mean the difference of walking onto a ride or waiting for hours in line! When we got to Toy Story Land during extra magic hours, the wait was already 175 minutes for Slinky. That’s one I don’t think I could get my kids to wait in.
Another thing we did was utilize our extra magic hours. Sure, it was a pain to get up at 5:30 to be heading to the bus stop around 6:30 to get to the park by 7, but it was definitely worth it! In fact, we were even running a little late, so we didn’t get into the park until about 730!
Once in the park, we bee-lined it straight to Toy Story Land! I will admit it’s been a few years since we have been to Hollywood Studios, so I legit had to ask a few cast members where in the world I was going! Between them and my map on the app, we made it. We walked straight back to Alien Swirling Saucers. The wait said 20 minutes, but it was much closer to 10. The ride was awesome!!! My girls had a blast on this ride! It’s so much fun!
After the Saucers, we walked over to Toy Story Mania. Previously being the best ride in the park, we anticipated a long wait. We ended up waiting about 15 minutes! Totally worth it! So here we are, in the park for about 45 minutes and we had already done two rides! Our Slinky Dog Dash fast passes weren’t until 4:30, so we knew we would just be watching it in the morning.
Knowing Toy Story Land was about to get crowded with summer guests, we decided it was as good a time as ever to grab some breakfast! S’more French toast anyone? Yes, I thought so too, so we grabbed some at Woody’s Lunch box. The menu here it total fun. Nothing plain and normal. Breakfast so early is not my favorite so I just had a banana split yogurt. It was vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and bananas in the middle and granola and chocolate chips for on top! Everything is fun at Woody’s!
When all was said and done, we were able to do all of Toy Story Land in an hour and a half!
My tips for having the best time while still making the most of your time:
- Stay on property and use your Extra Magic Hours (even if they are sooooo early!)
- Go to the back first!! Everyone was waiting in line to see Woody and Jessie or trying to get on Slinky. We hardly waited for Alien Swirling Saucers!
- Move quickly from attraction to attraction. Get the rides out of the way first
- Use a fast pass for one of the rides. That way you’re only waiting in 2 lines!
- When you’re done riding, stop and look around! Green Army men are everywhere and there’s a parade every so often! It’s a whole land of fun!
- Grab a bite to eat at Woody’s Lunch Box. While there’s not much shade, the food is fun and imaginative. Something you won’t find anywhere else in any of the parks!
Have you been to Toy Story Land? Do you have any must-do tips that made your vacation so much better? Please share!