It’s that time of year again. Bunny time! Normally I wait until after the holiday so I can put a great picture of her basket all made up, but since some of these great deals are still going on, I wanted to give everyone the chance to add them to their loot.
I love Easter! I grew up in a non-candy household and some of my Easter gifts were my favorite things that I held on to for years (and still have some things packed away for Lily when she gets older!) Because we don’t do candy, Easter can very quickly turn into Christmas if I’m not careful. That’s why I literally start thinking about Easter right after Christmas when the sales start. If you remember from last year’s Easter post, I got a really awesome Disney princess tent for $5 at Target! Poor Lily is not getting AS much this year, but her haul is pretty solid.
So here we go – Lily’s $16.68 Easter Basket:
1. Disney Store Ariel dress – $8 in beautiful condition from a Facebook flea market site
2. Toy Story on DVD – $1.49, which was shipping only. A friend joined The Disney Movie Club from my referral (Thanks Amy!!!) and I got two free Disney movies. I got Saving Mr. Banks, too, but that one’s for me!
3. Letter Flash Cards – $1 at Target. We are working on letters, numbers and shapes pretty hard here so I figured that would be a great tool to use. Plus Lily freaking loves flash cards, we have about 4 sets of different kinds, but no letters!
4. Cinderella socks – $1 at Target.
5. Nail Polish – $0.58 on super clearance at Target. We do weekly manicures so I know this will be a hit!
6. Princess Stickers – $1 at Target. As much as I loathe stickers, my kid absolutely loves them. She will be thrilled.
7. Candy Land game – $1.77 at Walmart. Ok this awesome deal is still going on, so you can score some great games too! Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders and Connect Four are all marked down to $4.77 and there is a $3 off coupon available on coupons.com, making each game only $1.77. That’s a seriously great deal!
8. Chutes and Ladders – $1.77 at Walmart (see above!)
Now, I’m not a total troll of a mom and will pop a piece or two of Sarris Chocolates in there and some Peeps because I freaking love Peeps. Oh and maybe those robins eggs too, my mom always put a few of those in my basket!
Most likely the grand total after adding candy will be about $20, which is actually $5 less than last year! I also may throw a few more things like a toothbrush and toothpaste that I got free with coupons, but right now they aren’t in the basket.
So there you have it! Easter doesn’t have to break the bank if you’re like me and don’t do the whole basket full of candy thing.
Now it’s time to start my Christmas shopping!!