We aren’t sleeping much over here in the Taylor house. It feels like ever since we got back from our weekend travels last weekend we have been all thrown off. Lily likes to party around 3 a.m. and I am like a zombie at work. This has left for either take out dinners or something super quick! Although I really wanted this week’s Tasty Tuesday to showcase something special, it looks like we are going for quick, easy and tasty!
This week’s dinner is spinach and mushroom stuffed shells. This is one of Kevin’s favorite meals and something that I came up with in college when I lived with 4 other girls and we took turns cooking through the week!
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach (I’m sure you can use frozen, but I don’t like frozen food much)
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 1 can of your favorite sauce (or you can use homemade… I use Preggo mushroom)
- 1 container Ricotta cheese
- 1 package Italian blend cheese
- 2 eggs
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook shells according to instructions on box
- Mix cheeses and eggs into a bowl
- Chop spinach and mushrooms and combine with cheese mixture
- Drain shells
- Spread sauce on bottom of baking dish and stuff shells with cheese mixture
- Cover the shells with sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- Bake for 30 minutes
Enjoy! It’s so easy to make that I was able to do it with Liliana in my hands until it came to actually stuffing the shells. And it’s also a little bit healthy for you too!!!
I promise to bring some more interesting and challenging recipes soon… as soon as we’re back to all-night sleeping so I can function and not burn down the house!