One of my favorite blogs that I read for inspiration is Money Saving Mom (moneysavingmom.com). One thing I love is she sets weekly goals to accomplish and keeps her readers up to date when she finishes them. It’s amazing how many of us want and try to accomplish the same things.
We moved into a new house two weeks ago. And I don’t love it. I’m not sure if it’s because I had my heart set on buying this time around or if I truly just don’t love the house itself, but I am having an awful time getting used to it. It is so bad that I cannot focus on anything… my job, my kid, putting anything away. I didn’t even set up my office because it depresses me (and the room is beautiful and big and bright!) So, I’m really hoping that by setting a goal list I can get back on track and back into life!
1. Pick one room and finish it, really making it mine
2. Clean out Lily’s clothes and toys and get rid of what we don’t need and want
3. Get Lily on a bedtime routine at the new house that includes reading and going to be by herself
4. Meal plan for the rest of the month and stick to the set meals
5. Start reading before falling asleep, at least 10 minutes each night, instead of watching TV
6. Spend one evening a week with Kevin after Lily goes to bed, not watching TV
7. Finalize our family budget and work on next month’s expenses
8. Start making my blog a priority
9. Learn how to set up gallery pages and complete one each week
10. Line up my business expenses and make sure we are allocating our money correctly
So, that’s a start. It proves difficult to get a lot done when Kevin has busy work weeks where games take up his evenings and I have to accomplish everything myself, but we have made it work for this long, so I’m sure once we get back in the swing of things, all will settle down. I have a terrible habit of taking on too much at once and then failing at everything, so I think if I set good goals I will be able to reach them!
What are your weekly goals and how do you stay on track to accomplish them?